Presentations and Classes
Home to Roost offers presentations and class on various urban-ag and chicken-related topics. Topics include:
- **NEW**Coop building!: Learn the nitty-gritty details of features, spacing, and materials.
- Chicken raising: Best practices for keeping your birds (and neighbors) happy
- Chicken health: Common diseases and how to give your chickens a check up
- Chickens and heat: The basics of helping your hens in the dog days of summer
- Chicken breeds: Covers the different kinds of chickens, bred in different climates for different purposes
- Eggs: Structure and formation of an egg, chick growth, comparison of store vs. backyard eggs
- Food ethics: A look at the U.S. food system from seeds to consumption
I offer classes throughout the year. Don’t see a topic you’re looking for? Just ask! I customize to your group’s needs for length, depth, and topics.
Consulting Services for Municipalities
Home to Roost offers consulting services for cities, villages, and municipalities working on drafting chicken-related legal codes. We can draft language for your approval, or we can review your existing draft. We also offer expert testimony if you are debating legislation. For more information, please contact us for rates and information on our professional consultations.