Spring is here, and it’s time for chicks!
Feel free to contact Home to Roost for any of our personalized services:
- Phone consultation – great for basic questions
- Assessment consultation – a visit to your home to answer your questions and provide personalized information on how chickens will fit into your life
- Healthy hens visit – a visit to your home to check the health of your birds and your coop set-up
- New babies consultation – a visit to your home to help you set up and install your new chicks
- Emergency housecall – a visit to help out and give advice in case of illness or accident (*note: Home to Roost does practice veterinary medicine and will refer you to an avian vet as needed)
See the Resources tab for more information and pricing.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help with! We’ll be happy to consider it.
A Guinea fowl showed up in Evanston, IL, in May 2014. The bird was initially in poor health, and to the delight of the neighbors, regained his strength. He became something of a neighborhood pet. As winter neared, the neighbors decided to capture the bird and rehome him on a farm in central Illinois. Folksong writer Kristin Lems produced a tribute for Karl. Read more about Karl and his special song!
Chicago Tonight covered urban ag in this fun piece. They focused on goats and touched on bees and (of course!) chickens!
Come learn about keeping your hens healthy and how to help them in an emergency! We’ll cover common issues that urban chicken keepers face, as well as prevention strategies.
Sat., May 2, 10 AM-12 PM at Garfield Park Conservatory, http://www.garfieldconservatory.org
Home to Roost will be taking a break May 7-12, 2015. As always, you can leave a message on the blog.
A reminder to sign up for the chicken health class at the Chicago Botanic Garden!
Sat., April 25, 1 PM-4 PM, http://www.chicagobotanic.org/