Posts Tagged ‘goat’
My friend Carolyn lives in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago, with her husband, son, chickens, dogs, garden, and … goats. She has two milking goats that she breeds every year. With the milk she makes fresh cheese.
Carolyn’s goats were featured in Chicago Farm and Table! Check them out!
A sign of the times! San Diego City Council voted on Jan. 31, 2012, to allow residents to keep chickens, goats, and bees, citing the importance of accessing local food. Read more here.
Angelic Organics Learning Center supports the urban agriculture crowd, and summer is the time to plan your visit to Angelic Organics Learning Center! Download the new summer/fall workshop calendar, featuring opportunities to explore food and farming for all ages.
The new line-up of classes includes the following:
- More of their popular classes on raising goats and chickens, and a new class on applying Biodynamic principles and practices in your yard at home.
- Food preservation, winemaking, cheesemaking (including a 1 day class which combines cheesemaking with earth oven bread baking), pizza making, plus a new class all about apples in September.
- Family camping opportunities at the farm, including Father’s Day weekend, Labor Day weekend, and a five day program at the beginning of August.
- Even more day camps (filling quickly!), including an option for middle schoolers and a shorter animal camp for younger children
- Even more family programming, with extra ice cream and farm animal days throughout the summer.